Disability is a cross-cutting issue, which requires a conscious, coordinated, collaborative and multi-dimensional approach.

  • 5.21% of India's total population suffers from some form of disability.

  • Less than 1.8%-disabled children are enrolled in schools. The rest 98.2% are out of schools, leading vague lives.

  • A large number of persons with disability have no access to basic needs like health, education, livelihood, medical rehabilitation, recreation and other essential services.

  • Disabled persons constitute less than 1% of our workforce on account of being viewed as "unable to perform".

  • Welfare legislations such as the Disability Act are seldom implemented in practice.